Sunday, February 24, 2013
Post no thrills, taken in Mid-Mahattan, February 25, 2012
Instead of focusing on what I am trying to not do this year, here is a list of things that I would love to do/try/learn this year.
1. Learn how to properly snorkel. I spend enough time in the warm waters of Hawaii, you would think that I enjoy floating with my face in the water and a tube shoved into my maw to get oxygen to my lungs. I really don't. I need to chill and learn that you can see a lot in 6' of water and that maybe fish can be cute and entertaining if you relax and learn to breathe.
2. Learn how to sea kayak. Insert cold water, San Juan Islands, eskimo roll and terrible currents into the previous thing to learn to do and realize that North Pacific fish are not entertaining enough to pay much attention to them unless they become dinner.
3. Learn how to light a barbeque and learn how to grill.
4. After I master that, move on to indirect heat grilling.
5. Pressure can tuna.
6. Run faster, longer and without stopping.
7. Finally go to Marfa, TX and see all that great art work.
8. Revisit the Spiral Jetty.
9. Go to Argentina in our fall when the weather is more to my liking.
10. Listen to all the music I have in my iTunes library, make a few play lists and start culling things I do not care for any more.
I think that is a pretty good start, don't you.
What do you want to do this year, or next year or ever?