Friday, November 17, 2006

denial part 3

Posh bangers, Borough Market, November 2006.

I failed my blood test today. The phlebotomist couldn't find a vein. She even tried for my hand. I blacked out and said I'd come back on Monday.

Eck.

We went shopping for Saturday before Thanksgiving Thanksgiving and discussed what to do about our suicidal homeless friend and whether or not he would be committing himself tonight.

This is not what Thanksgiving is about, unless, of course, you are thankful for your sanity and that you have a roof over your head.

It just puts a damper on the whole thing, doesn't it?

nm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I am going to coach you through this. I actually had to have the head of anesthesiology come to find a vein once before a kidney stone procedure and even HE had a REALLy hard time. What you need to do is PUMP and I mean P-U-M-P the water on Friday. Drink and drink and drink until you think you'll spew but keep drinking. No alcohol either. Just push push push the water. And on Saturday you will have bouyant veins. Trust me on this one. Would I steer you wrong???

jk said...

She's right. I've always got to drink a tank before my tests.