Sunday, November 06, 2005

wrapping paper

TH's family is a wrapping paper saving family. It used to drive me batty, now I love it. I went to the wrapping paper dresser and picked out a nice london underground map paper to wrap a bd present in. I ended up using something else, but it hit me that some of this paper is 14 years old and it still works. Mind you, there is no ironing, but most paper has a story behind it and that is why we keep it. I also am a paper freak, I love paper and all the ribbon and each year I spend a fortune on ribbon for panfortes and presents, but for the two of us, reusing paper is comforting.

Oh, if you are in the Seattle area, Packaging Specialities opened a holiday store in U. Village. They are hoping to open a year round store with classes and more stuff if they have a successful season. I love that place and do enjoy not schelpping to Georgetown unless necessary.

Another blast from the past, the Tabletop shop is back! In the Tramezzo building next to Black Cat and back in the hood. I'm very excited, even if they have a christmas tree up in the window. I'm feeling like the ne55th st corridor and the Blakeley area is coming back strong with some decent non-chain retail!

No comments: