Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I just love that naked lady in the bathtub and other charming things

The Tabard Inn is a great hotel, if its not completely overbooked and you are given the room you requested months ago. If not, you are not treated to the outstanding customer service that folks at the big chains are forced to learn in order to keep their jobs.

I love this hotel, I love the fact every room is different, the breakfasts are great as is the bar, its just that if you are stuck in a room that is loud, near the restaurant or just in the cone of traffic, you're hosed if like to get a solid night's sleep.

We were so prissed when we checked in that I spent 45 minutes tracking down another room in DC. None exist. Something big is going on. I managed to find on at the Helix for twice what we are paying tonight for tomorrow, but they called us to say that they would move us tomorrow into a quieter room. I hope.

Good thing too.

What can I say, stay at the Madera, eat at the Tabard and make reservations six months before you anticipate your meeting dates to be.

On a lighter note, we had a decent dinner at Teasim. Their salty oat cookies rock (Don't knock them until you try them!)

I can't wait until the Park Hyatt Washington reopens. I love this hotel and sort of wish they didn't remodel it, I liked it the way it was. The restaurant was great and the rooms were huge and comfortable. The bar at the Fairmont across the street was a good diversion as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope we're in the DC area sometime when you are...I'd love to get together!

jk said...

those cookies rock! (you know, i don't actually say things like that --- it must have something to do with being on a blog)

I actually found that teaism meal to be among the weakest I've enjoyed. But it wasn't really bad, just, you know.

And i miss the park, too. Especially melrose. Perhaps they'll have some specials before the official grand open gala.

Nazila Merati said...

Z, I'll visit you in Pittsburgh. :) I love visiting new and exciting places.

Joan,

I agree, dinner was a bit defective. The cookies however do rock. Andale will be outstanding and so will the company.

:)