Monday, November 07, 2005

Crack o'dawn

Rosa Glauca - October 2005

I'm up an hour early today because in all that has happened in the last week or so, I totally spaced and did not change my bedside clock. Instead of running to the gym an hour earlier or going back to bed, I voted, uploaded some new stuff to my ipod and paid a few bills. I probably should have gone back to bed, but oh well.

I'm very behind in the book club selection of the month - we're reading Nine Parts of Desire and frankly, I'm not too taken by it. Why we picked it, don't ask me. I guess its our attempt to be "multicultural". I'm not even sure where the discussion is going to go with this book, should be fun.

I'm also behind in my reading for class. I guess I should focus on this first. I'll read for this week and then hopefully catch up this weekend with the last week. We're off to London on Friday, so I have hours of time to catch up, right?

Other than that, had a delightful dinner at Nell's last night, great company and conversation, wine and food. I love this place except for the decor, but the food keeps me coming back. TH and I had the 25 for $25 tasting menu (celeriac and apple salad for me, beef tongue for TH), chanterelle risotto and halibut for mains and I had a lovely poached pear with goat cheese ice cream and a chocolate pot de creme for her.We let her order special as it was her special day. :) Our friends ordered off the regular menu and their food looked great (duck breast and calves liver). Looking forward to a few more great meals this month, though TH says that eating at home would be her druther this month - next month, I promise!

Well, I should start the coffee, find a luncheon item (unless the parentals wish to dine out) and go hit the treadmill (work and the gym!).

nm

2 comments:

jk said...

sounds yummy. I haven't reset the clocks in the kitchen, or on the thermostat, so I'm constantly having to subtract...or put myself into a panic.

Nazila Merati said...

our new car is on the right time, the old one is still 10 minutes fast. I get really confused and have to use my cell phone to get the accurate time these days.